help me win a contest f&n brotatos, v. getting super cut

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Limp_Brisket, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

me and like 12 or so buddies are having a contest to see who can lose the biggest percentage of bf% or something like that. we're getting dexa scans coming up next week or so and then we'll get dexa scans again in 3 months and i think we're putting like 100 bucks in on it, winner takes all.

cutting is my achilles heel. i've always had a pretty easy time putting on mass but cutting, not so much. i'm a mesomorphic bodytype i think while my brothers are all defeinitely ectomorphic beanpoles. last time we had this dexa contest i went from 18% to 10% but lower than 10% it just wasn't happening, but i'd like to get there. this time i'm probably starting around 15% so i should be in a better starting position.

any suggestions? i'm usually better at heavy lifts with lower reps. should i switch it up for cutting? more reps lighter weight? circuit training type stuff? my buddy is going to give me some p90x dvds, are those worthwhile to try out for a somewhat experienced lifter who wants to cut or are they for like out of shape wieners?

and what about diet, that's probably my hardest part with cutting. i can usually eat whatever and retain a healthy bodyfat % while gaining mass so i never really concentrate that hard on my diet. i tried the cut diet that someone posted on here a long time ago (i still have the pdf if anyone wants it) but i just have a hard time following such stringent diets and it didn't work out so well. any advice for someone whos dieting practices suck? maybe an atkins type diet? right now i eat a lot of fast food, albeit healthier fast food like deli sandwiches and soups and so on.

any other pointers? must win monies!

2. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

oh and what about cardio. last time i cut it was pretty much all HIIT. what do you cutting dudes do for cardio? HIIT good or you guys do the longer 45 minutes+ stuff? mix it up? frequency?

3. smb is me

smb is me New Member

4. grimstone

grimstone magic murda bag OT Supporter

the training the built muscle keeps muscle

5. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

here's my results from last time. wow, i didn't realize it was so long ago :o and i guess we did it a little longer than 3 months last time

before:

[​IMG]

after:
    [​IMG]

lol, i'm a fat head

6. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

that's good because i have no gym for home

7. SomethingWicked

SomethingWicked Active Member

Where in UT are you getting the dxa scans done and how much, all I knew about was the bod pods at the UofU. Never knew you could get it all broken down by body part. :eek3:

8. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

i do them at BYU. one of my buddies dad's is a professor there and he does them for us for free :bowdown:

9. SomethingWicked

Damn, that's pretty sweet :cool:
    Looks like it's like $130 otherwise so I'm out :rofl:.

It's been easier for me to eat better once I started cooking in bulk. Beyond that, breakfast has been the easiest thing for me to change, and probably the most important fix I made, if you aren't eating a good breakfast atm that might be the easiest place for you to start too. :dunno:

10. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

i wasn't eating breakfast until a few days ago. i work out in the morning so it was just my workout shake i would drink while lifting. i just started eating oatmeal in the morning before i head to the gym though.

what kind of stuff do you cook in bulk?

11. SomethingWicked

Mostly chicken, if I'm making tandoori or lemon chicken or something I'll buy enough to make like 4x then end up eating that with a side for like 4 dinners/lunches out of the week. Also rice/quinoa/oats(I think?) or whatever you can prepare ahead of time, I usually have about 3-5 days snack meal worth of 1/2-1/2 brown rice/quinoa mix cooked up and ready to just nuke.

12. smb is me

smb is me New Member

lol, god i'd hope you could maintain 15-16% easily.

13. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil Active Member

i run and i just started to do a super cut diet but then again im pretty lean but there is always room for improvement

14. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Elite athlete right here limp, better listen up! :mamoru:

15. Bragasaurus

Bragasaurus New Member

everyone that has tiniest bit of discipline in their diet, or even decent genetics, can maintain 15-16% easy...

i'm walking around at about 10% right now and i feel like a fat fuck. do i have a problem?

16. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Chances are, who ever is the fattest right now will win the contest. When you're already fat, dropping 5-10% isn't hard. It's when you're already pretty lean (sub 12%) which is where you seem to be now, that makes it hard to drop more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.