WEB Help me Web 2.0ish-ifying my site

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Style, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Style

Style Boioioioioioioioing

Yea, instead of creating many different threads, I'll just use this one for the entire process. I'll go step by step.

Anyways, I just changed the title fonts on each page. I had to remove the <h1> tags and replaced them with images. :hsugh:

www.lightblu.com

Yay or Nay?

2. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

3. Tony Stark

Tony Stark John McCain has an illegitimate mexican baby

I think your main page could be a little bit more professional. The current one makes you sound like a one man shop working from the back of your car.

4. themolsen

themolsen New Member

I thought your site looked better how it was before... those "web 2.0" fonts look stupid and childish, IMO

5. Style

You know, the original idea of these logos was that they should be included in the contact page, as that was a logical place to put them. I mean they're really just other ways of connecting with me :dunno:

Sooo... how could I include them in the contact page? Another box in the sidebar? hmmm... the sidebar is already crowded as it is. Putting another one would make the page unbalanced.

Unless I redesign the form, making one field per line. That could yield some space for one more box in the sidebar. What do you think?

Speaking of that last idea, would it be "acceptable" if all the texts are in a certain size, and making the form's text bigger? I did this on the blog, but never asked anyone for their opinion. I certainly didn't receive any complaints so far, so I just didn't care to ask.

Look at here for example:
    http://www.lightblu.com/blog/2007/12/hello-world/

Scroll down to the form and type anything. Yay or Nay?

6. Style

And this actually the "image" I wanted to portray. Not that I operate from the back of my truck, but that it's a 1-man show type of thing. Don't forget, it's my personal website. I'm just putting my services up there.

Notice I put "About Me" instead of just "About" or "Profile" or "About Us".

Same goes for "Contact Me," "What I Do," "What I Did"...

That being said, maybe I didn't portray it in the intro as I intended? :dunno: Or maybe is it something else? Written too poorly? Too many grammatical errors?

7. Style

:bowdown:

You know, I always thought web 2.0 was too stupid and childish. I wondered many times why so many people like it.

I just thought I was going with the trend. It (obviously) took me quite some time to be "convinced" of going web 2.0 myself.

Anyways, I reverted back to the original. Thanks for putting reason back in my mind :hsugh: :bowdown:

8. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

it draws your attention to it

and to go back to the other thing i mentioned, i am just saying i prefer the look in the link i posted than the way you did, when i have time i will look into it more to see if i can come up with anotehr suggestion

9. gobbles

gobbles .

Web 2.0 is not a design style. Web 2.0 is not a design style. Web 2.0 is not a design style.

10. gobbles

gobbles .

but I still know what you're talking about :p