Help me unlock my phone.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Johnny Chimpo, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Johnny Chimpo

Johnny Chimpo New Member

ok. i just bought Motorola V600 from ATT and i wanna unlock it for use with T-Mobile. i can take it to some shop around here but that means i have to look for it and pay someone to do it.

if anyone knows where i can get the equipment/ software to unlock it, please do tell.

thanks.

2. UTZorro

UTZorro Guest

I saw a forum about 6 months ago (I can't remember the name offhand) where you could type in the IMEI and the service provider and get some Nokia's unlocked... but I'm not sure about a V600. Check around the net for some downloadable programs that will give you the unlock code. If you can't find a forum with a member with the unlocking software or a downloadable program that will give you the code, you're probably gonna have to pay someone to do it. :-/

By the way, if you just bought the phone from AT&T, aren't you under a contract with them? If you're no longer under one, they'll just give you the unlock code (if you wanna call and hassle with their customer service!)

3. event::woer

event::woer Βanned bу Suρer Mοderators

cellphonehacks.com usually has good tuts

4. Johnny Chimpo

Johnny Chimpo New Member

UTZorro:
    my buddy has a contract with att and he got the phone at a discount i couldnt refuse. and i dont think att will give me the unlock codes.

5. MJGunn

MJGunn New Member

6. Aero277

Aero277 OT Supporter

The place was nokiafree.org and you can also go to Howardforums for a lotta help, but Moto's don't unlock by code IIRC, you'd have to get a clip/dongle/terminator whatever you wanna call it, and you can usually find those on ebay running for about 20 bux max. Just type in ur phone model and unlocker and u got it