Help Me Please...Need DOS drivers for...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Biskit, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Biskit

Biskit Active Member

I need DOS drivers for a realtek 8139 NIC card and a SiS 900.

Please someone help me...I have looked but all I can find are windows drivers.

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

lawl...you "need" a machine that runs dos??

3. Biskit

Biskit Active Member

lol no no

im doing my unattended install project and i need to mount network shit but it has to be with dos (dont even know why they teach us this) and i cant find the drivers anywhere...i found windows drivers for those cards but not DOS.

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

They're probably teaching you this because you can't run Windows installers until after Windows is installed, and even then your unattended installation will run in command-line mode.

http://list.driverguide.com/list/DOS/

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Man it's been many years since I even thought about unattended installs but isn't there a way to schedule what gets installed when??? Can't you just move the driver install to later in the process, after win is installed??

I have a hard time believing that all the unattended installs of the world "need" dos drivers. That just doesn't make much sense.

6. Biskit

Biskit Active Member

Yeah Coottie, you wouldnt believe the stuff they are teaching us in class....this is my 2nd year in this program. The firt semester was all DOS stuff.... like how to delete files in dos or how to create files ect.

This year they are teaching us how to us Windows NT 4.0 and learning about pentium 1 and such...they are now teaching us Modems /shrugh

Deus I got this from the site u gave me:
    This DriverGuide feature has been temporarily disabled. Please try again in 2 minutes.
    We apologize for interrupting what you were doing on the site, but in certain rare and extreme circumstances, temporarily shutting down access to one or more features is the only way for us to diagnose and recover from problems while keeping the entire site as operational as possible.
    Team DriverGuide.

7. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Coottie, I think the issue is that the unattended install is pulling installation files off the network and as such the installer needs NIC drivers that are compatible with the OS it's running in. Even if it installs Windows, it may not reboot and load Windows before resuming the installation, because Windows has a way of doing all kinds of shit when you reboot that get in the way of manually installing drivers. PnP would be so much better if it had an OFF switch.

Biskit, that's weird. I've never gotten that error before.