SRS HELP me please! Does anyone have any legal info about joint custody?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by asshole, Nov 13, 2007.

1. asshole

asshole dont eat yellow snow! OT Supporter

I know someone who might be in a bad position very soon.
    He isn't married to the woman and loves his newborn son very very much. Her parents are very big alcoholics and very controlling over her. They were going to get married and her mom cancelled her wedding and since then its been down hill from there. They have tried to work everything out but theres too much bad blood between them. They are now in a spot where their 4 week old son is loved very much by both of them, but it doesn't seem to be enough for them to work things out and stay together.

What can they do? How do you go about joint custody without involving the court systems? He is unemployed and has little to no money. (he lost his job due to this mess, when he moved to be with her during the pregnancy) So had he not moved he would be making some serious bank!

Her and her parents have very very deep pockets and he dreads that this will turn into a very bad custody battle. Is there anything he can do to prevent this from happening? He has worked his ass off during the whole pregnancy before and after.. and has taken care of her and the baby totally since she had a csection and its been a rough recovery. I know that he cooks breakfast, lunch and dinner and does absolutely everything and doesn't do anything for himself anymore. He even doesn't sleep anymore due to this extreme stress.

So if anyone has any advise please let me know, since this is very hard to watch and i know he needs help with this.

Is anyone here a lawyer or anything in northern california? Please help!
    Thanks!

2. asshole

asshole dont eat yellow snow! OT Supporter

3. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

google is your friend