Help me pick out a TV service

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Maffy29, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

So its time to upgrade the TV service. Been with basic cable long enough. Comcast is the cable TV provider in my area (was Adelphia). I get confused with everything offered by the satellite services. So here's what I'll need:

3 room system - need local channels and Fox Sports. Since I'm local to my favorite sports teams, the big sports packages won't be necessary

Room 1: 37" LCD HDTV, would like to have HD channels here. DVR not necessary in this room, but would be cool.

Room 2: 27" Sony Trinitron standard definition. DVR would be good on this TV. It is not HD, so that isn't necessary here. This is a bedroom TV.

Room 3: 13" Sony. This is in the kitchen. Pretty much a standard box would work here. No additional services needed.

What would be best for my setup? Dish or DirecTV? A friend of mine has had Dish and he recommends it, but he didn't have HD or anything like that. What about all the stuff with it going out in storms or stuff like that? Is that true or just the cable company trying to get your business? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Direct TV has 1080i