Help me pick a cell phone and plan!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Chewy, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Chewy

Chewy Guest

2. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Member

the 3360 might be cheaper because it might have less features. It seems that the 8260 came with less features than the 8290. You should check howardforums.com to confirm.

3. Chewy

Chewy Guest

no, the 3360 is more expensive.

4. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Member

whoops no clue then.

5. V

V Corrupt and Immoral

where do you live? sprint and att are the best providers nation wide. do you want a regional calling plan? a local calling plan? or a national calling plan? you need to be more specific. i would go with att. i have it and i really like it. i have a national calling plan, free long distance, unlimited night and weekends and 500 anytime minutes. its $35 a month.

6. Cr0mulent

Cr0mulent Werewolf: The Last Warrior

get the ericsson t68i it lets you open an ssh connection right from your phone!

7. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Member

from what I have read the T68 looks nice but the reception on it isn't that great.

8. LiMeStAr316

LiMeStAr316 Guest

Ericsson T60LX... $100.00... works great... looks awesome and has removable face plate.... Stick to Ericsson and you cant go wrong... nokia is where u get screwed!

~LiMeStAr~

9. SilverTeg2Nv

SilverTeg2Nv New Member

Ok sorry to interupt here but.....damn drunk monkey r u drunk...sprint and att are the best nation wide....cmon dude sprint sux........they may give u a ton o minutes....but what good are they if you cant use them unless you stay in the city....blah....worthless.....And At&t...hmmmm not the best either....there Tdma system is ok...still not what i would go with...And there new GSM sevice SUX BALLZ......worse than voicestream(t-mobile). The t68 is a bad ass phone...but only works on att GSM system which again sux...it will work with T-mobile to but why waste money on that service.....IMO...I would go with Verizon Wireless....They do have the BIGGEST network across the country and offer a great local calling plan...39.99mo 600 anytime min/unl. night and weekend/free long distance.....Trust me these baby companies such as Sprint, Voicestream(T-Mobile), Even At&t, in some places you might have Cricket or Metro PCS....these are a waste of $$$ again unless you stay in the city....that my 2 cents.....

10. MrCrappy

MrCrappy OT Supporter

i got a motorola v60i and ATT 34.99 (500 anytime, 3000 nights/weekend) yesterday

if you are in NY, go check out Korean/Chinese cell phone stores. i got my v60i for $30

11. SilverTeg2Nv

SilverTeg2Nv New Member

Well MrCrappy....good luck cuz you know yer on the Network Advantage plan.....It barley covers anything.....YOU WILL ROAM IN NY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. MrCrappy

MrCrappy OT Supporter

works fine. my friends have ATT.. its always worked fine for them.

ATT is the only service thatll work in my dorm so i guess i had no real choice :(

13. SilverTeg2Nv

SilverTeg2Nv New Member

hey yea cool cant knock you on this one....if nothing else werks...................