Help me out on site design questions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Maliboost, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Maliboost

Maliboost New Member

ok first off, i'm quite a newb to making websites, i don't have any expirience at all really, I did get a simple html page up using dreamweaver and i did get a phpbb bulliton board setup.

my main thing is that i have no idea whatsoever how to make the page as i see it in my mind

the site is dyno-graphs.com, check it out if you want, i will list the fetures i'd like to have in the site and i'd like to know what it is going to take If it comes down to me having to pay someone or an oter for site design i suppose i could come up with some funds

The site will be a site that people can goto and browse several different dynographs of cars

i want people to be able to upload graphs on their own along with filling out a short list of modifications they used to make the power numbers

i want people to be able to browse/search by car make and model also by the horspower numbers from high to low

i want it to be setup so i can use banner ads to generate income

i want people to basically have to load a page for each graph viewed
    like have a index page that shows several horsepower numbers and thumbnails based on search/browse cretaria then they click on the thumbnail to open another area to see the big picture, i'm basically trying to maximise ad exposure

i'd like it to kinda be setup like the way www.streetfire.net is setup just dynographs instead of video

I don't want to make this post too long so ask specifics if you want to know more of what i want, I wouldn't mine quotes from those of you that know how to program a site like this

i'm hosted with that dreamhost plan if that matters 20gb space 1 tb bandwidth, I'm assuming the site wont be able to get too big befor i have to switch to dedicated hosting but i will wait on that until i get the ball rolling

thanks for the help

2. Maliboost

Maliboost New Member

bump for help:hs: