GUN Help me out here fellas...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by WooleyBooger, Jan 31, 2008.

1. WooleyBooger

WooleyBooger OT Supporter

Alright so i have been waiting for a couple weeks on my Dad to get ahold of this guy he knows to get my Glock ordered. He had originally said that he could get it for $475.

So finally today he calls and says that he talked to the guy. Then he goes on to say that the guy was telling him how he hates Glocks, and that if you're not a cop or someone that will keep it holstered all the time "your gonna end up shooting your ass off". So now my dad is going to look down on the Glock when i get it :ugh: because he values this guys opinion.

This guy recommends and love the Witness pistols, which he says are basically CZ copies, and he can get any of them for $375 in polymer or $429 in steel. My dad has on in .45, and while it is a decent gun, i don't know enough about them to trust my life to it.

So i did some calling around, and found a little pawn shop about 30 miles away that will order the it without deposit, and can get it in 2-3 days for $485 plus tax. So thats $485 plus gas going to pick it up, and he's only open during the week until 5, so i would have to leave work early one day to do it.

So do i tell this guy my dad knows to go "shoot himself in the ass" and drive to get the Glock, or?....well there really is no question. It just sucks that i waited and could have gotten my gun already :hs:

So what about the Witness? Are they anything worth having? Anything comparable/better for the same price or cheaper? $375 doesn't really sound liek too much of a deal. You can get a Taurus or fatass Ruger for the same price, and i know much more about the Ruger than a Witness.

PS- I think i'll order the Glock tomorrow.

2. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

How old are you?

3. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

Date of Birth:
    October 4, 1978

4. smartypants

smartypants New Member

Consider the source. He prolly makes more of a cut on the other pistols.

5. I've had my Glock for a while. I have yet to shoot myself in the ass.

6. smartypants

smartypants New Member

You just jinxed yourself:o

7. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

29 with your own money? Get what you want!

And what you want is a Glock 19.

8. I hope not. :hs:

9. Fixed. :)

10. WooleyBooger

Oh im getting the glock...and not from this tool either. I would rather order from 30 miles away for $485 and pay gas, than to order from this guy who may be just as hard to track down to pick it up, for $500.

11. WooleyBooger

I was also asking if anyone knows anything about the Witness...not that i'm going to buy one, just curious.

12. AB13

AB13 New Member

CZ's are bar none one of the most under rated guns. It's in use by more Governments, Militaries, Police and Security agencies than any other pistol in the world.

It's a great design and very rock solid. Amongst being the most used and carried, it's also amongst the most replicated copy on a gun design out there. There are several "clone makers" that make very exceptional clones, and EAA is one of them.

It's also got a huge following overseas, amongst some of the most talented shooters around the world shooting IPSC. One of Glocks top international shooters and IPSC triple crown lady champion dropped her Glock to shoot a CZ. The CZ is over there, what the 1911 is in the US.

It surprises me it's not more popular here.

13. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Are the witnesses as good as the real cz though? I seem to recall reading about several people having issues, but I think I was just looking at the 10mm witnesses.

Anyway, take a drive and buy the gun you want from the guy thats going to give you what you want and not just his opinion.

14. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

CZs are nice, I'm thinking of getting a -97 as my first pistol.

15. el capitan

el capitan New Member

:rofl:

16. WooleyBooger

Alright guys, i'm calling to order the Glock 19 tomorrow...i just didn't have time today.

I sitting here trying to budget everything i need to get to go along with it, and need some advice. So, what else do i need to get besides the gun? I know ammo...but how important are things like night sights, or a good light?

I was thinking about ordering the gun without night sights, and then adding a set myself and save a few $$... but now i'm wondering if i should just order the gun with the night sights and be done with it. I think he said to the NS, it would be $80 more...and i can order a set of mepros for about $60.

Then, would i be better off to get a holster, or extra mags, or something else? And also, does Walmart carry any decent SD ammo? Or do they only carry practice quality ammo?

Anything i'm forgetting? This is my first 9mm so i'll be starting from scratch.

17. You'll need a cleaning kit if you don't already have one. The gun should come with 2 magazines. If you want a light, you have to consider whether you want a light mounted on the gun or a handheld one. Of course you'll need a holster if you plan on CCWing it.

18. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

WWB is pretty much the only thing i get from walmart. i've seen some decent deals online for gold dots, box of $50 for $23 bucks.

19. WooleyBooger

CCW eventually...but i don't have my permit yet. Either way a decent light is gonna be ~$100 i'm thinking...theres other stuff i could get for that. I'm just trying to make priorities for the rest of my budget.

20. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

surefire x300 - ~$200

21. WooleyBooger

I was thinking more along the lines of a TLR-1 :hs:

22. WooleyBooger

Or i tell you what...just go ahead ad send me one of those...my birthday is coming up :x:

23. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

TLR-1 FTW, I love mine

24. I'm a big fan of a handheld light when using a handgun. In addition to being cheaper than a gun mounted light, it's more versatile. You can use it without the gun, and you can use it without having to point your gun towards whatever you want to illuminate. It's also possible to use the momentary on feature of the light when it's handheld rather than mounted to the pistol. I'd look into something like a Surefire Z2.

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/198/sesent/00

It's more than enough light for any sort of home defense situation, and it's small enough to easily handle at the same time as a pistol.