WEB Help me monetize my forum better.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by drpepper, Jan 24, 2008.

1. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

www.tf2maps.net

Right now i get 1 to 3 clicks on adsense per 5000 daily impressions.
    I know a lot better can be achieved. Someone whose a little more knowledgeable in this shit want to help?

2. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

i've had 230,478 adsense impressions on my forum this month, and 90 clicks.... and hardly any money... i think it's pretty hard to monetize a forum and not piss people off with ads. I only have 1 horizontal banner that posts after the first post on every page of a thread, and it's designed to look like an actual post... I used to have a vertical ad down the sidebar on the left, but it just threw off the whole look of the forum so i took it away.

3. Robb

Robb Guest

i have ~2000 page views on my forum and maybe 1-2 clicks a day, I'd like to know this too. My forum is basically for my city and I have sold ads to local businesses, so Im sure I make more off that then actual clicks on the generic google ads.

How much are you guys making on your similiary sized forums from google?

4. Robb

Robb Guest

you'd also get more page impressions if there were ads on the front page, and not just in the threads

5. Comtrad

Comtrad Guest

1) Move the ads to the right side on the front page. Ads in your face upon arrival don't usually work.

2) On the forums, you should take out the ads that are in between the posts, and just keep the ones on the top. Also put them on the top for the categories pages as well. Not just once you are inside a thread.