help me.. I'm sick of this shit

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by heffy, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heffy

heffy New Member

I used to lift religiously for a long time a few years ago, getting up to about 185 pounds at about 13% bf. I think my max deadlift was like 345 or so, and I was repping 80's on flat DB bench and was doing 275 box squats for reps. Used to do dips with like 70 pounds attached to my body too.

But I went on vacation to Japan for a month and since I couldn't lift there and was in a deficit the whole time, my body withered to nothing. I didn't have the motivation to start lifting again like i used to, but I try to make it to the gym as much as I can.

About two months ago, I start getting back into it and my numbers have all gone up. Then, I move to a different city and stop working out because I couldn't find a gym.

Now I found one, but I keep on making excuses to not go. I average about twice a week, and half-ass my way through my workouts. Right now, I'd guess I'm 165 pounds (5'10) at about 14 or 15% bf. I have a HUGE gut that is always visible through clothes, and my energy levels are shit. I don't get stronger in the gym, that's for sure. Today, I DB pressed 60's for reps and then did 30's for reps on seated military press. That shit is pathetic.

I hate not being able to use a muscle to its fullest extent. I don't want to look like Ronnie Coleman or Arnold, I'd rather go for the Ryan Reynolds look and be hard. When I was 185 and 13%, I was kind of soft, even though I busted ass in the gym.

My main goal is to lose this gut and fat overall while trying to get my muscles back in shape. I don't mean to gain muscle mass, but to make my muscles work better, i.e. not fail on the 5th rep of 30 lb. shoulder press. It's not that I don't have the strength, I just don't have the endurance.

I'm going to start downing two protein shakes at work, while eating smaller sensible meals throughout the day. Tomorrow, I have a salad with chicken breast and vinegrette dressing and fried rice, along with the two protein shakes. These two meals are small-portioned, designed to prevent me from being hungry, and not make me feel stuffed.

I'm also cutting out all junk food. No more Chipotles, McDonalds, etc. This is the hardest part.

I can make it to the gym 4 days a week at the most. Is there a certain routine I should follow to help get my ass in shape? I read the stickies, but I don't think going 5 reps for everything is such a good idea right now, since I'd only be able to do one set.

2. ronnie

ronnie Guest

HOLY SHIT

now i dont have to goto the library

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.