GUN Help me identify these AK mags v.only 2 this time

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 01_Cruiser, Mar 21, 2007.

1. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

OK, #1, I'm guessing it is chinese due to the lack of a rib on the back, and the fact the follower looks just like the chinese stamped mags I've gotten. What variant is it, and is it worth a shit both monetarily and function wise?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#2, is this a yugo bolt hold open mag? It doesnt have the back cut out of the follower, but I just got 7 of them in the last 24 I ordered, along with a few more in the previous 24 I got. Also, are they good functioning mags and are they worth anything more than like $10 a piece?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I found these pictures on arfcom, so just in case someone else needs help on identifying mags, they can use this as sort of a guideline. It only covers those 5 kinds, and it seems like there are 11ty billion variations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

chinese and yugo. does the yugo have the triangle witness hole or circle?

3. 01_Cruiser

I just checked two, and one has a circle, the other has a triangle. I'm thinking that last night when I was packing a bunch of them up that most had the triangle.

4. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

triangle are RUMORED(read: very heavily rumored) to be iraqi. lots of people think they are just newer production yugo, some people think they are iraqi because iraq bought yugo's equpiment.

5. 01_Cruiser

good deal