Help me get rid of this error message

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dooks88, Feb 3, 2005.

1. dooks88

dooks88 need some bat wings

This error message pops up every 10 seconds and i have tried everything to get rid of it. The process is called "nsapAgent" in the activity monitor. any help would be great!
    [​IMG]

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

do a search in the finder for "spyalert" or "internet cleanup".

once you find the program, drag it to the trash unless you intend to purchase a license for it, which is the other way to make that message go away.

3. dooks88

I have tried searching for everything like that... and nothing shows up. this is why i am confused. I have never loaded or downloaded any such program on my computer. still confused. :rolleyes:

4. maczter

Behold the power of Google!:

http://www.google.com/search?source...utf-8&q="network+spyalert+protection+expired"

How to get rid of annoying "Network SpyAlert Protection Expired!" alert

[ Views: 661 ]

Feedback Type: Troubleshooting Report
    Contributed by: Mek'Var Monday, November 29 2004 @ 04:11 PM PST

Product Platform: MacOSX
    Used Product For: Less than a month

This was supplied by a helpful member who got it from the software development board. It seemed a common enough problem that I felt it warranted posting here to help other unfortunates who dared to trust Allume.

1) I want you to go to the "Applications" folder and check to see there are NO "Internet Cleanup 1.0.x" or "Internet Cleanup 2.0.x" folders there. If they're there, please delete them.

2) Go to your "MacintoshHD:Library:CFMSupport:" location, where "MacintoshHD" is the name of your hard drive and check to see that "ICRuntimeSupportLib2" has been deleted. If it hasn't, please delete it.

3) Please navigate to "MacintoshHD:System:Library:Extensions:" and make sure that "NetBlockade.kext" and "NetworkSpyAlert.kext" have been removed. If they haven't, please delete them. You'll need to authenticate to remove them. If you have trouble with step, please let me know. It's very important these files are removed or you'll continue to get expiration alerts.

4) Go to "MacintoshHD:Library:preferences:" and remove any file that contains the "aladdinsys" or "allume" name in it.

5) Go to "MacintoshHD:Users:username:Library:preferences:", where "username" is your login name and "MacintoshHD" is your hard drive, and remove any file that contains the "aladdinsys" or "allume" name in it.

6) Reboot your machine again. Make sure your trash is empty.

5. dooks88

:bowdown: That worked. Norton snuck that program in on their Internet Security CD... assholes. Thank you very much.

6. maczter

no problem. :)

7. inamorata

inamorata New Member

why have spyware protection on a mac :confused:

8. Brian

Brian New Member

lol

9. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

[famous last :werd:s] :mamoru:

it's true though, no real need for it at this point in time; all the big flaws for the most part seem to be unix level, and those get patched fairly quickly by the open source community :cool: