help me find this cable!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by integraca, Jan 14, 2010.

1. integraca

integraca New Member

hey guys, I bought this sound system (logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System)for my computer and lost the cable that connect from the sub to the actual computer tower itself. It has three cables a black/green/red-orange. I cant find the damn thing anywhere

any help would be appreciated:bowdown:

2. negative zero

negative zero New Member

I tried to find a link to the cable thinking it might be some type of proprietary cable.

I think this is it. Not sure if the image will show.

[​IMG]

It looks just like a standard mini jack plugs. I forget what size they normally are (1/8"???). Check the manual to verify.

You can probably just pick some up at Radio Shack if you have one locally or just order from monoprice. Color obviously won't matter but would be easier just to keep the right plug in the right port.

3. integraca

integraca New Member

thats the one! I went to radio shack and the guy told me he carries nothing like that. I have been looking all over the internet and cant seem to find anything. your thinking a standard 1/8th?

4. negative zero

negative zero New Member

I am pretty sure. Look at this picture.

[​IMG]

Notice the green one has an extraa black "band" near the tip. That would be for stereo (instead of mono).

I am pretty sure this is the cable you need.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10218&cs_id=1021802&p_id=644&seq=1&format=2

Of course, you would need 3 if your sound card supports all channels.

I am a little surprised RS said they don't carry this. maybe I shouldn't be but the one around here is half way decent.

5. integraca

integraca New Member

yea I was suprised, the kid that worked there looked like he had his parents drop him off to work.

anyways, thanks for the help bro. I just oredered 3 of them from monoprice.com I think they will work out fine