SRS Help me find SOMETHING v.iamfailingatlife

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Panoptimist, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Panoptimist

Panoptimist Put a bangin' donk on it.

I'm 17, a junior in highschool. I'm a very impulsive person and my lack of self-control does not help my cause. I began to fall into what you could call depression at the beginning of this school year. Over the summer, I spent over a month in Germany, and had the best time of my entire life. Everything worked out so well there, but when I came back, shit just started going downhill from there.

Now, I can't seem to find interest in anything. Just thinking about going to school is painful for me. The relationships that I'm forced into with my teachers and peers kills me. I don't know why I've become so down about everything, but everyone describes me as an angry person. My negative attitude is destroying my parents, and I know that in itself should be enough motivation to change, but I don't even know what's going on with my own life. Nothing seems worth anything anymore, and I've lost interest in everything. On the weekdays, I just come home from school and sit on the computer. On the weekends, I go out with my friends and just get drunk and high. I know that isn't helping my cause, but it provides for an escape. My parents just want me to be interested in SOMETHING. I snowboard, and I work with an adaptive skiing program on the mountain, but I've been snowboarding less and less this year. I haven't been in a couple of weeks. It used to be my passion. I don't enjoy sports at all, except maybe volleyball. I'd play that if there was a school team, but guys volleyball isn't common in highschool. I used to play trumpet back in middle school, and I was in the jazz band. I dropped it when I started highschool though. My dad keeps talking to me about bringing it up again, but I just have no motivation to do so. It doesn't interest me. There's gotta be something I can do that's interesting and would make my parents think I'm actually doing something. I can't figure out why everything sucks, but it just does. This year has been a downward spiral, and I can't seem to pick myself back up, only knock myself down further. Fuck, I have so much school work to not do, so that's all I really have to say. OT, give me some ideas?

2. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

3. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

Yes le goals are key. Goals will keep you going. In the mean while you could try finding a job. That will give you something to do when you have nothing to do, and also take away oppurtuinities for you to do drugs.

4. Panoptimist

Panoptimist Put a bangin' donk on it.

Yeah, I really want a job. My mom didn't want me working a job because she didn't want to have to be giving me rides, but I'm getting my car within the next week or two, so the first thing I am going to do is apply for a job. That should take away much of my sitting around time. I think it's just that I have too much time on my hands to think.

5. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

You want motivation? Get a job. A bullshit job where you are treated like a bitch from assholes who couldn't find their own name in a phonebook.

I'm serious.

6. Vailripper

Vailripper Daywalkers have feelings too.

Amen...I was considering dropping out of college, picked up this shitty ass job painting houses over the summer and it completely changed my outlook. It helps you see the world in a much clearer light, instead of just the picture that you have of it.