Help me find old PC game?

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by 4W4K3, May 15, 2009.

1. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

I'm looking for a PC game I used to play almost 10 years ago.

It is similar in game play and in graphics to 'Beambreakers'. It's also similar to Descent 3 and G-Police.

You fly around a futuristic city and do missions for people, as well as fight off other flying car gangs. One missions I remember is picking up a guy and delivering him to a whore house where you wait for him to be "serviced" and then you fly him back home. Another mission has you taking a scientist out to the city's outskirts to collect data, and when you get back you have to fight off a gang of flying cars.

Periodically throughout the game you get messages and e-mails, it's a built-in feature. This is how you are notified of new missions. Your car has a varierty of features, and weapons and armor are upgradable, etc.

You have free roam of the city, and can fly anywhere. Over the top of huge buildings down to the scummy street level. It's a very "Blade Runner" like feel and atmosphere.

Anyone play it before?

For reference, here is a screenshot from 'beambreakers'
    [​IMG]

2. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Bump. Anyone?

I asked on a gaming forum and no one there is old enough to remember the late 90's haha.

3. Dogz

Dogz interior crocodile moderator

4. Chanandler Bong

Chanandler Bong OT Supporter

damn, that reminds me i used to play a game where it's very much like your description, but with a helicopter instead

5. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Rage Incoming? I know you can be a helicopter on a few levels, other times you're a turret, other times a tank, etc.

6. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Found it!

It's called 'Crime Cities'.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

8. spiffitz

spiffitz New Member

I thought you were talking about Hardwar at first. Never heard of Crime Cities but looks similar.

9. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

I'll have to check that one out, looks cool. Since I'm broke and throwing all my available money into my car I've decided to keep my old computer and just start playing old games I never got the chance to try out or replay some classics I used to own.

I may need to re-install Windows 98 or 2000 on a machine to get them to play without crashing though. Every once in a while a game goes crazy and crashes. Kind of annoying.