Help me find my next used car around 10k!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by ThaDC511, Jul 23, 2003.

1. ThaDC511

ThaDC511 Why have one, when u could have both :thumbsup:

My brother is buying my 1996 Accord EX off of me and so I'm in the market for a used car around 10k! Need some help though. Just looking for a reliable vehicle for a daily driver that will be fun to drive and decent with passengers (I'm not sitting in the back though, so it's less of a concern for me).

I've been looking at 2001 Protege' 5 Speeds because of the great reviews it gets and it's supposed to drive really well. I like the way the 2001-2003 (I believe) Proteges look, they're not your typical Honda Civic and I really like the idea of the handling being very good. I'm going to be driving this car in Southern California and so the decent gas mileage on this summer car is a real plus for me. I've really been leaning towards it of late.

I've also been looking at 1997-1998 Acura Integra 4 doors. Does anyone own one of these? I'm wondering if the backseat is going to be tiny/almost useless for normal sized people. I was looking at this just because of the complete lack of problems I've had with my Accord. I really need a reliable car to get me around and the integra might not have changed styles in a while, but I still don't think it's an "old" car by any means. The problem is that it'll have a lot of mileage on it (around 80K in CA usually) by then.

My other option is a 1998 Accord. I don't know if I want to get a car that drives very similarly to my 1996 (I've driven my friend's) but the reliability and decent gas mileage gets me again. The mileage will probably be pretty high to get this car in the 10k range, but it could be worth it?

I'd appreciate any advice! :bigthumb:

2. ThaDC511

ThaDC511 Why have one, when u could have both :thumbsup:

Btw, I'm also open to other suggestions

3. SickOfItAll

SickOfItAll The Bartender

I had a 4 door GSR, the backseat wasn't stellar - but I could reasonably carry 4 adults including the driver. You could also consider a slightly older Maxima - I have a fetish for maximas.