GUN Help me find/choose a nice knife.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Johnny Chimpo, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Johnny Chimpo

Johnny Chimpo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    i thought i might ask if you guys knew about any good knives out there.
    im looking for something durable, good looking. something to keep in my car mostly. i looked at spyderco( but wasnt espceially impressed.

i was looking at some BenchMade knives but i didnt find the one i wanted. i think its an army issue knife.

if you guys know of a good one, please post. im looking for something with a button.

thanks for your help.
  2. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Aug 7, 2003

It sounds like you are looking for a knife to keep in your car "mostly". If it is ONLY for your car get something fixed blade and strong so that it can be used as more of a tool and the weight of the knife won't matter.
    If you are going to conceal and carry it get a folder from any of the quality manufacturers (CRKT, Benchmade, Emerson, Spiderco). Don't just order something online without seeing it in person first. Gun shows are usually good for being able to test drive a lot of knives in one location.

I've recommended the CRKT M-16 line to people before. They have a very nice feature set and are great quality for the money. I own much more expensive knives from all of the major manufacturers and I carry 2 M-16's (large and small) every day.
  3. DRM600

DRM600 Guest

i too recommend a crkt m-16 as well.