GUN Help me find a gun cabinet, please.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Alamo_Jake, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Alamo_Jake

Alamo_Jake Sorry I'm not sorry.

Looking for a gun cabinet that will hold max 8-10 guns. Also, one that has some kind of drawer where I could hold boxes of ammo would be great. I'd look into a safe but don't have the money and am living in an apartment which I'll probably move out of in 4-5 months, so I don't want to drill holes in the walls/floor and have to worry about fixing them when I move.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Right now my guns just sit in their cases either in my closet or under the bed. I was thinking about maybe a wooden gun cabinet with the glass in the front :dunno: .

If you object to using a gun cabinet then what else would you recommend I look into? thanks.

2. sp00n155

sp00n155 You underestimate the insignificance of my penis OT Supporter

I made a spare closet I had into a zombie bunker.

[​IMG]

3. What's the point of the cabinet? If it's just to display the guns, then it would work fine. If you are interested in something to keep them secure, then it's basically useless. You mentioned you can't afford a safe right now. Save up then and get one. There's really no point in putting your guns in a wood and glass case if you're interested in anything other than displaying them.

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Save you money and buy a safe after you move unless you feel a particular need to display your guns to visitors to your home.

5. Alamo_Jake

:eek3:

that's nice.

6. Alamo_Jake

how much would a safe cost me then? any suggestions on what I should look for in one?

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A decent looking cabinet will be almost as much as a cheap safe. Keep saving buy a safe when you move.

8. Alamo_Jake

So until then where should I keep them? Would you say under the bed or in the closet might be a safer place until then?

9. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

You can spend as much as you've got on a safe. Some people here will crap on some of the $300-400 safes you can buy at walmart or home improvement stores but they're still way better than thrown in the closet or behind glass. I'd get a regular combination dial for reliability and look for something bigger than you think you need. Find a nice place to bolt it down, preferably in the corner of the room so its hard to pry on the door, and don't tell anyone you have it or show it off.

10. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thats probably about the best you can do for now til you get a safe.