Help me figure my situation with close friend/co-worker

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Fletch529, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Fletch529

Fletch529 New Member

I just got out of a 2 1/2 year relationship about a month ago. I started my job in Febuarary of 2003, and became friends with a girl who worked there. Over the past 7-8 months shes basically become my best friend. She even helped me through the break up. Well since the break up, we've become closer. Shes told me she thinks we would be good in a relationship eventually. That conversation took place about 2 weeks ago.

Fast forward to lately, where it seems as if perhaps shes dropping hints that shes into me. Admittingly, I would love to give her a kiss good night after hanging out, or make some sort of 'move' :naughty: . But I do not want her to think I'm just looking for a rebound (Why she told me eventually she'd date me). I do honestly have a thing for her, but I don't want to just jump into it, I'd like to let things progress into a 'relationship'.

Cliffs: just out of a relationship, female best friend seems to be digging me, but not sure on the best approach to the situation.

How should I approach this? I realize I'm leaving a lot out probably, so please just ask :hs:

2. MawcDrums

MawcDrums Active Member

thats a toughy, especially if the person from the long term relationship knows about the other girl.

3. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Are you thinking with your dick? 2 years and 2 months later your good to go but don't hurt the bitch for other guys later in her life. ;)

seriously though

She's a mature girl and you shouldn't be worried about hurting her or anything. If your in a good place and you feel she is seriously dropping hints then go for it.

4. brujito

brujito New Member

Re-read his post. He said he got out of that relationship about a month ago.

Take it easy and step-by-step with this new girl. Don't rush things.

5. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

slow down! just tell her that you like her too but you want to take it slow because thats how important she is to you. :)

6. Fletch529

Fletch529 New Member

I want to keep things slow myself. I'm not ready to hop into a relationship. Its as if I want to because of how I feel about her, but I know better at this point.

What are some things I can do to ensure that its going in the right direction with her in the meantime?

7. toconnx

toconnx New Member

I'd say take it slow, but don't let go of her. ya know?

8. toconnx

toconnx New Member

I don't think it'd be wrong to give her a small goodnight kiss one night to let her know how you feel... If you feel comfortable doing it, maybe sit down sometime and just spill your guts and let her know exactly how you feel, it's hard to do but she'll respect it.