Help me decide

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by radfad88, Apr 10, 2009.

1. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

I currently have a 1996 Accord that I bought almost 6 years ago. It has 215k miles on it and is pretty rapidly approaching the end of it's life (overheated on me a couple of times 2 weeks ago, needs a lot of maintnance, etc.) I'm a woman and pretty soon I'll have to be traveling to/from Atlanta (4 hr drive on the interstate) on a pretty regular basis (once/month) so I need something more reliable where I won't have so much worry about breaking down alone on the interstate.

For the next 6 months I'm going to be where I don't need a car (military training) but when I get back in January I will have approx. $10k cash to devote to a new vehicle. In addition to this I was approved for an auto loan through USAA for up to $8k. The price range I'm looking into is something between 9-13 grand. I don't want to spend a lot on a car but I want something that will be reliable and last me another 6+ years as the Honda I have now has.

I'd like something with less than 50,000 miles and I'd prefer a Japanese car (Honda/Nissan/Toyota), but if you guys know of something else I should be looking into let me know! Hatchbacks have really been catching my eye and are a change from the sedan I have now.

I read on consumer reports that the Honda Fit is getting really good ratings on reliablity. I like the look of the Nissan Versa better but if the Honda really is much better I could see going for that...

Anyone have any of these recent models? Let me know what you guys think!

2. LarryZ

LarryZ i love sticky rice

yaris

3. ForevererZero89

ForevererZero89 New Member