help me chose a keyboard

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by NCS, Feb 5, 2007.

1. NCS

NCS Active Member

i use my pc for work and games. i care absolutely nothing about programmable keys, volume control dials, and the like. if they are on the keyboard i wont even use them. all i care about is the FEEL/quality of an important input device a lot of us just ignore.

i've looked at the razer, also the saitek. have any of you used these? do any of you have any suggestions as to what kick ass keyboards are out there?

2. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

das keyboard or a model m if you can find one

3. NCS

NCS Active Member

i had remembered reading about das keyboard a while ago. its an interesting choice

4. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

Depends on what you are looking for as far as feel. I would just head to the local best buy/ circuit city/ compusa and "type" on as many keyboards as you can get your hands on. I have a ZBoard on this computer, with swappable keysets for gaming, but I wouldn't recommend it for every day use. I just bought the Logitech G11 (same as the G15, no LCD) and the touch of the keys is VERY light. It's really a matter of what feels better to you and would be hard for anyone to tell you what the right choice is.

5. NCS

NCS Active Member

i cant "touch" the razer or saitek. all i can get my hands on here is dell/ms/logitech.

i order what i want from the US cuz i wont swtich to gay european keyboard formats

6. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

Ah, that does make things a bit tougher then. I really like the G11 or G15 (if you need the LCD), but again the keystrokes require little effort. I've learned pretty quickly to type on it quite well after always using a keyboard with a little heavier touch.

7. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Do they use Dvorak over there, or something?