A&P Help me choose, OT

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by IrishStunna, Jun 6, 2004.

1. IrishStunna

IrishStunna Guest

Well I recently graduated and im looking at a digital camera with all that grad money. My parents have a Kodak Easyshare DX4530 (5mp) and its allright for ease of use, but I want something a bit more advanced where i could get a bit creative. I've researched and pretty much narrowed my choices down to 3. I'd prefer that it be a 5mp camera, so i'm looking at the Canon G5, Powershot S50, and powershot s500. Off the bat i'm more attracted to the s500 because it's compact and competitively priced, but i noticed it has "program exposure" only, whereas the S50 has program and manual, as does the G5. I'm not looking into being a digital photography connosieur by any means, but i'd like to get a bit more artsy and vary the exposure times to come up with slightly more "artsy" pictures, like this, for example:

Basically, I was wondering whether the program exposure only feature on the S500 would prevent me from doing something like that. Anywho, thanks in advance, OT. If you have any other suggestions for a camera under $500 it'd be appreciated.
  2. mxer

mxer Guest

I got a Canon s1 is it's pretty cool. I couldn't tell a difference between the 3.2 and 5 mp plus the G5 has a problem with purple haze