Help me choose a job

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Scoob_13, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

Because for some fucking reason I sure as fuck can't do it :wtc:

Job happiness, to me, is the most important thing, closely followed by my personal happiness. After 90 days, I would easily have enough each month to move into a great apartment and enjoy being 23/24 while still paying for college, my car, and my hobbies. The only thing is that I feel horrible about leaving these guys hanging, and I have a feeling that the counter offer that I receive from my current place of employment would allow me to buy a house (which would make me happy...), but I'd have to work in hell :hs:

Lehp :(

2. tailgate

tailgate Whats with today, today?

I would have to go with number 2, it seems that making more money and doing something you enjoy is the best way to go. you shouldnt have to dread to go to work all day. If you do something you enjoy, you feel better and are happier overall, letting you enjoy life..

It sucks leaving the current place thinking you are leaving them hanging, but that is their fault for mot traing people to do more than one task(in my opinion), and why does it take you to leave for them to pay you what you are worth.

I just wish I could find a job in the dallas area.

good luck with your decision :wavey:

3. tailgate

btw, what school?????

4. Scoob_13

UTD

What type of job are you looking for? I know of a ton of open ones in Dallas :)

5. Scoob_13

And number 2 is what I'd like to do, I just hate fucking people over, and I know that this is going to cause a shit load of drama, and I hate drama more than I hate fucking people over :mad:

It's actually not that bad of a place to work if you're a programmer, or if you're a manager that's in the little popular manager's clique ( :greddy: ), however if you have an opinion of your own, and it goes against your being to shut up, then it sucks ass here.

I may have to take a photo of my annual review, I showed it to a friend of mine and his first statement after reading it was "Are you sure that this is your review? You spend more time up there doing stuff for the company than you do doing anything else, and they say that you need to "improve on helping out more" ???" It was funnier when we were drinking :o

6. tailgate

Im also at grad school at UTD, Ive been looking for a job as a software test engineer or maybe entry level programming, But now anything like tech support, IT, ... stuff will do if the pay is ok. Im so rusty in my programming since its been a while.

my resume is at http://www.bjakub.com/resume.html

take a look and let me know what you think.

7. dexedrine

dexedrine Guest

christ, it must be nice to be even offered a job. i can't even find a fucking decent job. to me right now, decent is 25k/yr. that's all i ask. right now i'm making 15k/yr...that's about 7.50/hr doing C# programming. yeah, sux0r.

8. dexedrine

dexedrine Guest

oh, and definatly take the next job. I understand leaving some place would screw somebody over, but sometimes you need to do so. it doesn't look like you're liking your current job, or alteast you'll like this next one. i think you should take the new one, and see if you can train another person for the old job. maybe you won't feel as bad then.

9. novass

novass Guest

Neither. Get into PLCs. ( programable logic controlers) / electronic industrial maintenance. This is the systems that the industires use in their automation. It runs the production lines and they can't make squat with out it. Any plant made in the last 20 years runs some form of PLCs.

I make about $55-65,000 a year just playing with the stuff and I dont know it that well. I learned most on the job ( the hard way) but they teach it in VoTech and adult colledge.

10. Scoob_13

I feel like taking the next job, but I feel horrible about leaving the good friends. Hell, there's a guy in systems that, after my raise, makes less than me, and he has a family. If I could talk them into giving my raise to him, I would be happy to leave :hs: