Help me build my system...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by machazure, Nov 22, 2004.

1. machazure

machazure New Member

Ok, I've got an 04 Mustang Mach I with the Mach 460 system... I want more bass so I am going to add some subwoofers. Going to keep the stock speakers and headunit.

I was thinking two 10"s in this box: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14945&item=5732854320&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Then for the subs I was thinking of the Phoenix Gold Ti10 http://www.acaraudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_48&products_id=878

Want to spend about $120 or less on each sub... so any recommendations

Have no idea about which amp... should it be a mono or 2 channel?

2. machazure

machazure New Member

Also, would it be better to go with 10" or 12" woofers?

What are the pros/cons for each in a mustang?

BTW- the box has 1.0 cubic feet per chamber
    so I am guessing that would better suit a 12" sub?

3. Original

Original OT Supporter

If you already have a tight and clean sound system.. for the subs I'd got a strong 12 with one mono amp.

I've always preferred one higher quality, harder hidding 12" sub than two mediocre 10's.

With your stock speaker system I would think two 10's would be a lot more bass than you're gonna need, but I'll leave the choice to the pro audio guys here :p

4. 04

04 Guest

The 12" woofers would be louder than the 10" woofers, all other factors equal.

As for the enclosure size better suiting a subwoofer, that would depend on the subwoofer in question. Some 10" woofers work better in larger enclosures than other 12" woofers, it really depends on the woofer in question.

The enclosure is built for either 10" woofers though, you'd have to get a different one if you wanted 12" woofers.