Help me ask out a girl :hs:

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Legend Zero, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

So i don't post here often, but also, i don't ask out girls often.

I went to the movies the other day and saw a cute girl working the ticket booth and i simply said, i like your name, it's beautiful. She simply smiled and said thank you.

On the way out of the movie I said "bye ariel" and she looked back and smiled and waved bye.

i just thought this girl was really cute and wish i had done something more, but i didn't.

Would it be too weird of me to go back and simply ask her out?

:hs:

2. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Is this a joke?:ugh:

3. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

walk up and ask her if she would like to go see the aquarium on (whatever day you have free)

4. korverftw

korverftw New Member

I'm not going to hassle you because you made more of a move than I would have. I would have gone to the next cashier over so as to avoid the hot girl :lol:

5. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

ignored.

lol, why the aquarium?

:hs:

thanks. i don't do this often, and what i meant by weird was...would it be odd to go back to the movie theater a week later to simply ask her out? I was thinking about it from her point of view, and it might be sweet cause i was thinking of her, but also strange or creepy since it's not like we know each other or anything.

I was just thinking of just buying a ticket to some show than chat with her about her job, than say, "well i didn't really come here for the movie, i was wondering if you want to hang out after work for a little" idk, something like that.

:rofl:
    i'm trying to be not so scared. now comes the second step and this is where i'm :hsd:

6. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

oorrr how about you ask her what time she has her next break.. then ask her if she would like to grab some coffee.. your treat..if there is no coffee place around.. ask her what her fav. type is and bring it to her..

7. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

Because she works at the movies so going to see a movie is LAME!. and the aquarium is fun, exciting and educational... most people don't get asked to the aquarium:o

8. wolfskymoon

wolfskymoon Guest

Don't get upset if you get rejected, you basically know nothing about her and same goes for her. Also know that she's a really cute girl that works at a theater, she probably gets hit on 24/7. You might want to do something different to stand out from all those other guys who hit on her on a daily bases. But at the end if you are attractive then I guess that's all you need. But yea like the guy above said, If it was me I'd just go to a different cashier and avoid her completely lol, so good for you.

9. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

ah, this is actually very good! makes it very casual and there are TONS of coffee shops around.

i was a bit shy to post this, but now I am very glad i did.

my only question to you is if she says no, what do i do? Would i assume no because she's not interested, or no because she is busy during her lunch or something like that? And, if it's the latter, how would I approach that situation?

yeah. :rofl: I wasn't planning on taking her to the movies, i hadn't thought about what yet, but it's downtown chicago, so i figured i could take her somewhere more interesting.

i'm not attractive at all. :hs: I know, if i get rejected no biggie, i think i wouldn't feel so bad about being rejected from her cause she is a stranger, whereas in the past, all my rejections have been from friends.

10. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

IF I was me I would already have my name and number on a peice of paper or a business card and slide it to her while saying "Well if you ever change your mind here is my phone number." then just finish your order for a movie and forget about it :p

She might already have a bf.. I wouldnt take it personal

11. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

perfect. i have done this before to some cute waitresses on the bill, but never any callbacks. :squint:

i think i'm going to try this method.

thanks for the help everyone!

12. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

lol good luck.. then again im old and my dating tactics might not work on these youngins

13. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

lmfao whatever dude, but I am just being honest. Who the hell says "you have a beautiful name" :hsugh:

14. Pringles

Pringles New Member

You already have a no, why not try for a yes?

15. Contract

Contract Guest

I'm going to save you some trouble and say talking through the ticket booth in front of other people will be awkward/odd. Try stopping by on a slow night, acting like you didn't come just to see her, and slip her your number where she slips you the tickets. Do this when you hand her you're credit card, and if she asks then there's your chance. Also, if you get rejected who cares you have a nice entertaining movie right after that.

16. giz

giz Active Member

whats wrong with giving a genuine compliment? it's called being a decent human being

17. giz

giz Active Member

I worked at the box office of a movie theater for about a week... I quit going in because it so was goddamn boring. If you can catch her when it's slow, she'll probably love to chat for a couple minutes. get her number and call her.

if it's one of those weird talk boxes through the window, yeah say hi quick, mention how awkward the talk box is, and ask for her number so you can have an actual conversation.

18. giz

giz Active Member

I've said this over and over here in the vag - genuine compliments are so underrated and underused.

19. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

the next time, I see you post that you're old, I'm gonna fly over there and smack you !!!! and make your kids watch.

:werd: I compliment/comment on people's names all the time and it happens to me too so I never see anything wrong with it.

Legend Zero, go ahead and ask her out. Just do it. And if she says no, do the number slip thing, and move on.......the key is to not make it awkward.
    And if it is one of those wierd boxes thing, sometimes the box is just in front and you can go talk to them once you are in. Do it this way if you are already going to see a movie, don't go buy a ticket just because you want to see her.

20. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

i thought it was nice. ariel, as if she's above the clouds. thought it was cute.. nothing more, nothing less.

people always compliment me on my unique name, and when i was younger i hated it because it was something else that just made me stick out and whenever someone compliments me, i feel good. Probably one of the few times where i saw a nice name and thought, that is very nice so i complimented her.

:hsd: good point!

Yeah, the nice thing is this is face to face, no window, nothing like that. I was thinking of doing just that, as the last time i went it was on a thurs and she was working and it was brutally slow.

yeah i worked at a movie theater for 3 years, from usher/concessions/box office, it was a crappy job but very fun during my teenage years since everyone there was my age and we pretty much messed around the whole time.

I was worried that she might be too young, but everyone else that works there is very old and this isn't a typical movie theater, it's kind of small, and not one where there are a bunch of 12-16 year olds running around everywhere making me hope that she is a bit older.

really? I was thinking of just going to buy a ticket and do this as well, obviously with the intention of trying to ask her out, and figured, if she said no, than i'll just enjoy a movie. :hs:

21. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

my mind, it is blown

22. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Well, if it's a movie you want to see anyway then no harm no foul. Just don't go and buy a ticket to "I Love You, Beth Cooper."

Oh, and protip: no Little Mermaid references :mamoru:

23. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

:bowrofl:

24. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Only regret the chances you DIDN'T take.

Does it really matter if you go back and she says no? No, she'll forget about you in about an hour, and so will you. If you DON'T do it, you'll remember her for the rest of your life. Or at least I do. I still remember all the girls I talked to that I wanted to ask out, but didn't because I got too nervous about it. There was a girl at the eyeglasses place. A girl outside of college. Etc. I could go on. The ones that rejected me, I really don't remember.

I guess the reason is that I knew where I stood with those girls, whereas I'll never know where I stood with the girls I didn't ask. And I always wonder "what if?"

In short, don't worry if she's going to say yes or no.

I respect the balls it took to say what you did. You're doing more than 50% of the guys out there, even IF you didn't ask her out.

A tip: I would engage her in a bit of conversation first. You don't have to share your life stories, but I would do more than just walk up and ask her out. That tends to set off their "creepster-o-meters" doing that. Most girls want a little bit of convo so they have a chance to rule you out as a creepster. :rofl:

25. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

:hahano: