help me arrange my music?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by babygodzilla, Nov 20, 2005.

1. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

so my music files are arranged by Artist/Album/#-Title. im having problems with albums that has various artists, especially those trance and dance collections. i'd have a folder of Aria One with one song from Best of the DJ's, and Balearic Bill also with one song from Best of the DJ's, etc. it's gonna give me troubles if i want to burn the Best of the DJ's CD. i imagine because the songs are separated by artist id have to hunt the songs one by one until i get the whole album. the tags are nicely done and its easy to navigate thru the library using winamp, but the files are physically a lil hard to manage in situations like this.

any app out there to help me? ill take any suggestions. thanks!

2. vierstein

vierstein New Member

itunes, i think that's the handiest thing in this situation, I have so many songs there's no way i could arrange it manually, itunes does it automatically, the same way you've been doing (artist/album/# - Title.extension), BUT you can flag an album as 'compilation', which means it'll just get sorted: Compilations/Album/# - title

Also another thing I'm gonna suggest is the musicbrainz software (http://musicbrainz.org/) it'll check your music against a database to correct any id tag mistakes, of course if you're already happy with your tags you don't need this. If you do use this it can also sort and change your file names to match the correct title etc, not sure if this does the same thing as itunes with compilations though.

3. 01000101

01000101 New Member

ditto on musicbrainz

you just have to watch it, make sure its not doing anything crazy. dont load up all 7000 of your mp3s and tell it to go

4. vierstein

vierstein New Member

hehe, I did that, gave me a bit of a headache with some mistagged tracks.
    took a long time as well.

5. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

is there any program that can burn music based on id3 tags and not on file names?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2005
  6. deezil

deezil New Member

did it to a friend that had > 10000 songs, 2000+ came back unidentifiable. :mamoru::mamoru: I told him to do 1 or 2 hundred a night until he got them done