*HELP* Mazda 6 Sound System

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DJ-phYre, Oct 21, 2003.

1. DJ-phYre

DJ-phYre Active Member

I am fixing to get a Mazda 6 (November/December), and I was wondering about all the custom audio it has in it. You have the console which is pretty much UNCUSTOMIZEABLE. I have seen people mount their head units in the glove compartment over the main console. But I was wondering if there are any other ways, or should I just leave the factory hooked up and run some more subs through the BOSE audio system.

2. 04

04 Guest

Where there is a will there is a way; you could install an aftermarket system, but you will probably have to remove everything except for the speakers, and even then, I doubt your headunit could power them all.

If you don't want to mess with it too much, you could get a line output convertor and just add subwoofers. That would be the easiest route IMO.

3. DJ-phYre

DJ-phYre Active Member

It looks like that is what I am going to end up doing, just add subs and an amp. I have also seen a cool cassette mod where you can add an aux in jack, this would be handy for an mp3 player and things like that. I also plam to get XM or Sirius, but this has been done already too with little trouble.