WEB Help learn me on advertising revenue

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TekDragon, Dec 9, 2007.

1. TekDragon

TekDragon Guest

Assumptions:
    10k+ weekly visitors
    Focused on independent music digital downloads
    User demographics will be collected
    Users will be urged to click on advertisements to support the site's operation

I'd like to know how much money can be made offering advertisement on the site. The users will be in the key demographic 16 to 26 with the ability (and will) to make purchases online.

Can anyone provide me with a very rough estimate on how much money can be made per visitor through either generic or targeted advertising by impressions or through hits.

2. :|

:| Guest

0-0.5 cents cpm

3. TekDragon

TekDragon Guest

Websites I'm using to research this are giving me estimates all over the place. One I've seen mentioned frequently is that you can make $20 per 1,000 unique impressions of an advertisement for targeted content.

Others go even higher than that, while others offer projections that are far lower.

What's the deal?

4. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

Why not try and put some adsense ads onto site?

Just dont ask users to click on them :mamoru:

5. TekDragon

TekDragon Guest

"Use adsense" doesn't answer any of my questions, unfortunately. Especially since adsense keeps all of their payment information secret.

6. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

:hsugh: They tell you how much you make... plus a bunch of other statistics...

What are you talking about :hsugh:

7. TekDragon

TekDragon Guest

Don't sweat it, kid. I'll wait for someone else to respond.

8. Zac

Zac New Member

if using something like adsense then decent $ until you get banned (prolly won't even make it to the first payout :rofl:)

you could always try to sell private ads for a flat monthly rate. this way even if noone clicks you get paid.

9. TekDragon

TekDragon Guest

That's what I was researching. Is $20 per CPM an accurate figure? I've seen it several times. $20 to $35.

10. Zac

Zac New Member

:dunno: see if you can pose as advertisers and see what others are charging :hsd:

11. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Im sure places like itunes and amazon run affiliate programs join them and cross sell

12. TekDragon

TekDragon Guest

That's not a bad idea.

I'm going over revenues for a site idea and advertisement revenues will be key.

13. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest