help...is there a download manager for mirc

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by pmoney, Mar 24, 2004.

1. pmoney

pmoney OT Supporter

Hi

I currently am dloading a file on mirc and its a big one so i was wondering if there is a program which will act as a dload manager for mirc.

Obviously you will still have to wait in queue or whatnot for the server if you start it up again later, but is there something that can save the amount you downloaded already and then continue from where you left off, or do you have to leave mirc itself open until the dl is complete.

thanks

2. theres no real dl manager that i know of, usually i try to use the keep windows open option so when i get disconnected or whatnot, when i come bak and check the download, i can just jump back on the server and re-request the file .. but to dl, i leave my mircs open all night and let it go, there is a resume function for mirc, but it must be the exact same file name and contents

3. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

as long as you get the file again from the same server or someone that has the exact same file, you can resume within mirc (checkot settings -> dcc settings i think...i'm at work and thats just off the top of my head)

but its just like with any other program...as long as the file is the same, you can resume