Help installing HP software v. intel

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by manchild, Nov 23, 2006.

1. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

I'm trying to install the software for my HP c3180, which is the same printer that just about everyone gets for free when they buy a new computer. I've had mine for a month, and bought it before I got my mbp. I put in the MACINTOSH installation disk, but it doesn't install. I click on the installer icon and it does a very short bounce in the dock and thats it. I know this should be working, I've got like 4 friends with macbooks who all use the same printer and it works for them.

I don't know if it matters, but there is a program called monolingual, essentially it deletes all the weird language translations that you will never use. When it deleted this, it also deletes the mac os10 support for other processors that you don't need. I deleted all the support for any of the PPC software, but I kept ALL the intel stuff, could this be why? I can't even install Photoshop, which I know works on Macbook Pros and Mac Pros because I've got friends running it.

Thanks a ton

Peter

2. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

reinstall ftw

3. robwormald

robwormald New Member

try right clicking on the printer setup utility, in the utilities folder, and click get info. run printer setup utility through rosetta, there's a checkbox in there. try reinstalling the printer

if that doesn't work, its archive and install, and this time, don't delete the PPC support.

archive and install

insert OS X disk one (should have come with your machine)
    reboot holding D
    follow installer steps, on the page it asks you to choose a location, hit the options button and change it to archive and install -> preserving user and network settings

on the next page, hit the customize button, and you can remove all the extraneous printer drivers and languages.

make sure you delete the Macintosh HD/previous system folder to clear up the archived disk space.