SRS Help...im too nice! :wtc:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SovietRussia, Dec 7, 2005.

1. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

So i have a hard time telling people no. this girl, who i am not very interested in calls me up, wants me to come over for dinner. i say no, i have homework. she says, "eh, you want me to bring some over" so what could i do but say, "meh, ok. but not much, im not a big fan of stroganoff." i just dont like to hurt people feelings.

2. z31maniac

z31maniac *insert witty remark*

idb ftw

3. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

So be her friend. She will be ok with that.

4. teo

teo . => ? => !

Not wanting to hurt people is a noble cause, but not when it's to the detriment of your personal happiness... so compromise. If you have homework, tell her you'll be busy for a couple of hours but you can meet up after for a bit. If you have a project due but you're invited to a party, show up for a couple of hours, then leave to go work on your project. This way you don't burn any bridges, since you never know when you'll be on the other end of the situation.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Decisions create realities, so make wise decisions, don't let yourself be put under pressure to make the wrong ones. Do what is right for you, in the end you are the only one who ends up with the misery if you don't choose for yourself. Its good to help people out, but don't let it go over in a form of abuse of your good intentions.

6. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

well said