help im freaking out!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by who?, Aug 3, 2004.

1. who?

who? Guest

ok so i boot up my com..............and when i goto my computer, there are no cd rom drives to be found
    ive got a justlink 48x12x50 cdrw drive and a LG 8xXx32 drive
    my comp doesnt detect any of them

oh yeah, i went into bios and they show up there
  2. who?

who? Guest

ok so i went into device manager and see an "!" symbol beside both my drives...
    i goto troubleshoot and it gives me this error:
    Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)
    Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

the troubleshoot tells me that my wires could be loose or disconnected, but then bios detects my drives so im guessing thats not the problem :dunno:
  3. oradii

Jul 12, 2004
    try swapping your cable, check your jumper settings
  4. who?

who? Guest

ok will try later in the day......
    any other suggestions? better to get all the help first, then take apart the com :x:

oh and thanks to anyone who helped//helps
  5. who?

who? Guest

anyone else know?
    just to clear things up, when my computer boots up, they know ive got a cdrw and a dvdr drive plugged in, but when i get into windows, it doesnt detect it anymore
  6. Claydus

Claydus Active Member

Jul 2, 2001
    make sure you have the slave and master jumpers set....... or that if you have a IDE with 2 IDE inputs make sure the one at the end is for your master device and the one Input in the middle is for your secondary device
  7. who?

who? Guest

it was working fine all along.
    Then the next day i noticed that i couldnt burn,
    then further investigation showed that my drives werent even showing up in "my computer"