help! IE killed our post data!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by agent0068, Jun 12, 2003.

1. agent0068

agent0068 OT Supporter

So my company recently installed service pack 3 on IE 5 across the network (Q810847) and now all of our forms/.asp that use POST don't work any more. Any ideas? :sadwavey:

2. crotchfruit

crotchfruit Guest

dunno about specifics like that, but you can use ethereal (http://www.ethereal.com/) to analyze the http request that IE is sending to your server. try to figure out exactly which part of the post request is invalid.. may help you in your bug search.

3. agent0068

agent0068 OT Supporter

we've still had no luck with this problem. One odd thing we have tracked down though is that the forms work when directed to an IP address but DON'T when directed to a hostname. Any ideas? Please?

4. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

Like was mentioned, use etherreal to look at the request itself and compare it to a machine that doesn't have the service pack installed.

Not to be a dick, but did you test this before it was implimented?

5. agent0068

agent0068 OT Supporter

Well I haven't used ethereal but on a machine that hasn't been service packed (namely, my laptop--I work remotely), everything works just fine. I will have to give this a try.

As for testing, I have no idea as I'm not in the IT dept but supposedly they test things thoroughly (doesn't look like it to me). I'm a dev but when suddenly everything breaks, it's up to me and my dept to fix it. :sad2:

6. DNS and netbios are clean and proper?

7. agent0068

agent0068 OT Supporter

i believe so :sad2: