SRS help!! i need to get this girl off my mind!!!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by I_Will_Call_You_A_Faggot, Mar 13, 2007.

1. I_Will_Call_You_A_Faggot

I_Will_Call_You_A_Faggot Active Member

we just split and i cant stop thinking about all the good times we used to have...i miss her..but i need to move on...what do i do?????

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Stay busy. Work, hang out with frends, play video games, go out and meet new people.

Just stay busy. Sitting around will just give you time to think about her.

3. dumbfuck

dumbfuck New Member

Stay busy, dude. I'm going through the same situation. Find something you like doing and keep doing it. You will eventually move on. :)

4. element4all

element4all Active Member

keep yourself busy in anyway that DOESNT remind you of her, take up a new hobby that youve been wanting to try but never got to do.

5. CoolKat

CoolKat The OG Lurker

try to stay busy and focus on the subject at hand. i am honeslty going though it as well but keepin me busy i still thi nk of her no matter wut i'm doing..lol and its been like 3 months but everyone says it takes time.

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Time for my usual lecture on this subject:

Being "in love" and being addicted to hard drugs both have the same effect on the brain. You become chemically addicted to the other person. This has been tested and proven many times and I can find sources for you if you want. It's basically a result of various chemicals in your head (I can't remember but I'm thinking one of them is vasopressin, the chemical responsible for the formation of monogomous bonds). There are cravings (missing the person), getting fixes (being absolutely blissful just being with the person), and withdrawl (getting dumped). Certain drugs make people withdraw from normal activities because nothing else compares to the high they get from the drug. Have you ever had a friend "fall in love" and stop hanging out with you because he spends all of his time with his gf? Same thing.

So what you are going through now is basically the "withdrawl" stage. Your brain is going without something that used to bring it joy, and it misses that feeling. Just like with drug withdrawl, time will help heal it. And just like with real drug addiction, it will suck.

You're probably saying "well there's really no advice in there," and you're right. But hopefully at least now you understand what is going on in your brain. It might help .01% now that you know what's happening, but it sucks, so stay strong. We've all been there.