Help. I need some ideas.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Mirwolf, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Mirwolf

Mirwolf Im confused and so am I

Scottwax or anyone else. maybe you can help. i have a 2000 silver celica. ive noticed near the front bumper and left fender there are small spots that are kinda orange goldish color. its been there for awhile (several washes) but i havent been able to wash it off. now i noticed that it seems to be eating the paint a little bit? is there anyway to get rid of it?
    and ive noticed that bird crap eats threw paint or at least the clearcoat. after the washing i noticed a ghostly image on the paint of where the bird crap was. any way to remove or clean it up so its less noticible? thanks in advance.

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

The little spots on your bumper are probably environmental contamination. Claybar should remove it. See one of the Stickies for information on how to purchase and use clay. The bird droppings "shadow" could probably be removed with polish. Do you polish?

3. Mirwolf

Mirwolf Im confused and so am I

I was thinking of using claybar but wanted to use that as a last resort because it would remove the Zaino ive put on.
    Yeah i use polish. so far i have to coats of Zaino.

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Unfortunately, I don't think anything other than the clay will remove the contamination. Also, I really don't have any other suggestions on what to use for the bird droppings... anyone else with suggestions?

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Clay should remove the contamination, but the bird poop damage is probably permanent. I thought Zainos was supposed to protect against bird shit damage. :confused:

Next time you noticed bird shit on your car, remove it immediately. The longer is sits there, the more likely it is to ruin your paint because of the stomach acid in the shit.

6. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Here I'm trying to be all professional and call it "bird droppings" and Scott's like "it's shit."

:rofl: :bigthumb: