Help! I have no energy...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Hondamts, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hondamts

Hondamts Member

Ok I'll keep this short...usually just lurk around on here and holler at a few guys for advice but this is something new for me. I am 5'11" at 165 and about 15% bf (I going for the worst possible scenario). Basically shoulder injury with back and blah blah, been out of gym for now almost 5 months. Best was at 185 at 9% bf I beleive.

So started a 80-100hrs/week job on July 1st (medical resident), honestly I think I am killing myself. I cannot even get up for work on time and I am scared cause I am tired. No breakfast in AM, if I have a few mins i make a shake, no time for lunch cause I am the surgical bitch (mostly) and then I have a massive dinner (cooked at home and healthy) it's my time to unwind. As the days have gone on I have noticed I am get lazier and lazier and want to sleep more and more. I AVERAGE about 7 hours a night over a week which I think is really good but I am so burnt...no time for gym.

I think it might have a lot to do with my diet but I have worked a lot of hours before and I use to be okay, not sure it is because i am getting old (26!!! lol) or mental block...

Basically I want to know if anyone on OT works roughly same hours as me and how they go about their meals and life style and any advice i would like it...

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

3. Zika

Zika My avatar is still NOT me

So you eat one meal in the whole day at night? :ugh:

And you wonder why you are tired :ugh:

4. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

You really need to find time to eat during the day.

5. John Blaze

John Blaze New Member

You can make time to eat.

6. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

slimfast/rtd muscle milk throughout the day if you really cant sit down for food.. some nootropics in the morning before you get to work, a multi-vitamin, lots of water.. you seem fine with the amount of sleep, though an extra hour wouldn't kill you ... some light cardio in the morning might also do you some good if you could just get up maybe 15 minutes earlier and do some light jogging.. also, stepping outside and being in the sun can do wonders for your energy level.. so try to take 2-3 minutes every 2 hours and just stand outside and get some fresh air.

7. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

medical resident. (read:mostoverworkedjobever.com)

8. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

Stock up on fruit and protein bars to eat at work.

Things you can eat quickly :dunno:

9. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

yea man you definitely need to eat way more than you are

10. Memor

Memor Active Member

bring a small cooler to work with some stuff in it and stash it somewhere to pick at during the overloaded work day

11. White_Hype

White_Hype Guest

you are telling me you don't have 2 mins in the morning to make a shake, then drink it as you drive to work?

are you not allowed to use the bathroom at work either? b/c if you can take a shit at work you should be able to have another shake (takes me 20 secs to make a shake and about 1-2 mins to drink it...)

excuses are for wimps

12. Hondamts

Hondamts Member

talking about motivational replies...good use of my day off today..lol...well I'll try the rtd muscle, i have been trying to do the cooler thing but just been so behind in work and staying late that....well I got it today and I am going to try and step it up back to my usual 6 meals before job of hell took my life over...oh to answer ur question about bathroom breaks...so far in my 3 weeks i have used it once to take a piss...somehow during "lunch" time one of my patients decides to crash and hence being the scut boy you get called for anything...from ur pt not sleeping to he/she is coughing fun aye...oh well...but thanks for the help/comments/critques I do appreciate it

13. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

apparently these guys dont know what its like to be a resident.. good luck with your endeavour and if you can't turn into the incredible hulk while doing your residency, you'll have time once you actually start practicing on your own.. best of luck

14. EE CUMMINGS

EE CUMMINGS aka RobHuang

7 hours of sleep the whole week? :eek4: no time to jack off

15. Hondamts

Hondamts Member

LOL, 7hrs a week i would die...average per night over a week i get 7 hours. Hey Mike ur in orlando...I am at USF...or actually at Tampa Gen and well we get everything...i just want energy back...i heard your body get's use to it...

16. White_Hype

White_Hype Guest

Uh i'm in ibanking not medicine so no I wouldn't

so you don't have 20 mins of free time a day? that is fucking BULLSHIT if you dont

do this:

buy flax seed oil + protein powder + 30 washable shaker bottles

fill up 6 the night before with protein + flax then put them in the fridge in a lunch box with a fridge liner thing (that helps keep it cold)

wake up, chug a shake, take the bag to work, put it in your fridge (if you don't ahve one dump ice in the bag, then when you have a spare 30 seconds chug the fuck out of a shake, try to do this every 2-3 hrs

there are absolutely no fucking excuses... if you are a resident you should know how to work hard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.