GUN Help - Gun Laws in NJ V.IGotRobbedBy3BlackDoods

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by zero xeal, Feb 20, 2008.

1. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

On saturday night we threw a surprise party for a friend of mine, at the end of the night, after everyone had gone, 3 kids started a fight after we had asked them to leave for well over an hour and a half. We beat the fuck out of them, they apologized for starting shit, and eventually left.

Sunday: these kids think there "hood" or "gangsters" realize they look like they got the holy hell beaten out of them, tell everyone they were "jumped". Their "hood" friends start threatening us.... saying there going to beat us up, shoot us, they have "heat".

We notice a sketchy black male walking up our stairs via the video camera we have installed, he proccedes to rip it off the wall and start kicking our door in. They know there are 6 big guys in the apartment and are the same kids that were threatening to shoot us. We barricade ourselves in a room, they rob an xbox 360 and 50 bucks from us, escape before the cops show up, cops put out arrest warrants given that we know who they are.

What I am asking however, is given that these kids came into my house, if I had a gun what could I do to protect myself without facing a massive lawsuit. Could I have killed them? What would have happened if I shot and injured them? Friends with shotguns and a permit are offering to stay with us until this is resolved, if a friend staying with us brandished a weapon after someone broke into our house, what kinds of trouble would he get in?

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Next time don't beat up people that misbehave at your party, tell them to leave and call the cops if they don't. Consider screen your party attendees better too, I wouldn't want thugs in my house.

3. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

You need to check with your local laws, but GENERALLY, anyone within the house has the right to defend themselves, their property and anyone else within that house from harm. So yes, they could rightfully shoot the person when they broke into the house if they felt they were in danger.

However, there are many variances to that and different states are different. For instance, in MD, they dont consider protecting property a "shootable" offense. You have to be in danger. In other words, doing exactly what you did, getting to a safe spot and waiting for the cops. If they continued to break into the room you were in, THEN you could defend yourselves.

Its generally best to do just what you did and protect yourselves and forget about things you can replace. If you're truly afraid for your life, then you need to contact the police and find out what you can do. You may be eligible for an expedited permit or something like that (I'm not familiar with NJ law). But you need to ask a lawyer or LEO in YOUR state what you can do. Many can talk of generalities and what is legal in their state, but that may not apply to you in NJ.

Best bet is get off the internet with OT and get on the phone with the local PD or a lawyer.

4. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

These people didnt misbehave asshole, they started throwing liquor bottles at everyone.... they were looking to rob our house that night but their plan to sleep over feel through when we attempted to eject them.

5. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

I was just thinking. Why is it that most people don't see the light until something happens?

6. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

awesome, you have been very helpful, thank you :bigthumb:

7. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

8. Hooch

Hooch New Member

Idea, move out of the black neighborhoods and let them destroy each other, trust me it's worked since the 60s.

9. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I have no idea what might have led me to believe you might not be the worlds most civil man, my apologies. Your story is that you "beat the fuck out of" people that were causing you problems. You didn't just throw them out, you didn't just call the cops. You might not like the answer but I'm trying to help you out here. Avoid the problem before it starts and don't handle stuff like little thugs because you're only going to make it worse, as you've noticed.

There is no such thing as a risk free shooting, ever. Using lethal force is a very serious matter. Your interactions with them before would really work against you. Take it as a learning experience and be more careful what sort of trash you let into your home next time and how you handle problems.

10. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

Thanks for the advice, we didn't realize they were such trash until this evening and we only started fighting them after they threw punches / bottles.

11. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Liberal media :hs:

12. KNYTE

KNYTE I'm Not Kidding.

Grow up, that'll solve your problem.