Help! Got a new RED car, got some questions and need some advice

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by violator, Apr 2, 2004.

1. violator

violator New Member

I bought a 1994 Integra GSR a few months ago, and now the weather's cleared up, and I'm on spring break, I want to start working on the paint.

Here's some pics of it:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, here's what I need help on...

it has swirl marks, but I don't know if they are "light, medium or heavy."

here are some pics i took to try to show the swirls

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also, i'm on my spring break already, and i start school again on april 12th... i wanted to get some meguiars dacp, but it probably won't get here until my spring break is over. do you think i should just wait to get it, or just start working on it now without dacp?

this is my plan so far:

wash
    mothers clay bar
    klasse aio
    klasse sg (4 coats)
    meguiars #26

ALSO, should i get swirl free polish#82 and/or swirl remover #9? they sound very similiar

Cliff Notes:

How bad are my swirls? Should I get wait and get DACP? Should I get Swirl Free Polish or Swirl Remover even though I have Klasse AIO?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2004
  2. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

AIO is going to do little for swirls. I would go the DACP route, although it may be more difficult without a porter cable it's worth a shot. People have also had good results with #9 swirl mark remover but I've never used it on anything other then very very light swirling (I'd say yours is about light-medium not too bad). You could always try #9 and if that doesn't work bump it up to DACP. It's really not that bad and overall the car looks really nice. Good buy :)

3. gandhibrokemyskates

gandhibrokemyskates slangin beer

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'd start with SFP #82 or #9 and see if that gets rid of the spider swirls. I'd go with Meguiars #16 over the Klasse twins though, since like Klasse, #16 has a very clear, wet look while #26 will darken your paint somewhat and isn't as durable as #16.