HELP get my joystick to work..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by habitat, Jan 31, 2004.

1. habitat

habitat Splatinum Member

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder joystick, it has a 15 pin connecter. My new computer doesnt support 15 pin connectors so I went to radio shack and picked up a USB Game Port Adapter. I plugged it all in and when I go into game controllers it says "USB ADAPTOR" under controller.

Only problem is, nothing works.. even when I try to Calibrate. So I tried to add a new controller and selected "Microsoft SideWinder" and I keep getting the error "Missing Gameport or Gameport Drivers! - Your Gameport or Gameport drivers are not properly configured. Please consult the device manager." But device manager says everything is working fine, anyone know what could be wrong??

Again, WinXP - Microsoft Sidewinder - RadioShack USB Gameport Adapter.

2. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

Does the gameport adapter have any specific drivers that need to be installed?

3. habitat

habitat Splatinum Member

Didnt come with any, and it says plug n' play right on the package. I was thinking about finding sidewinder drivers but I figure they should be included in winXP (says Auto-Detect next to it on the add hardware screen)

4. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

Hmm, that's weird.

I have pretty much the same setup (my MS sidewinder came with a gameport to USB adapter that I've always used). I think the problem might be that even though you've changed the adapter over you still need to have the drivers for a gameport on your system. :dunno: