Help! G3 won't connect to the internet!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hurleyint1386, Nov 30, 2005.

1. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

I just installed Panther on my G3 B&W tower and now I can't connect to the internet with it. When I go to System Preferences, then Network, I see the following: The cable for Built-In Ethernet is connected, but your computer does not have an IP address and cannot connect to the Internet.

Any suggestions?

2. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

um... gonna need more information than that. what are you connecting it to, physically? router, cablemodem, hub? service provider? what color is the ethernet cable (serious, if it's yellow then it may be a crossover cable)?

3. hurleyint1386

I found out that it's because the MAC address on my other computer is already registered with IT and therefore doesn't recognize this computers. Is there any way to connect this computer? At my college, they won't let you use routers or multiple computers. It always tries to make you register as a new user but when I put in my information, I get an error saying that the client is already registered.

4. fifty50

fifty50 New Member

routers allow you to clone MAC addresses. get a router and clone the MAC address of the computer that's already registered?

5. hurleyint1386

I've got an Airport Express but I need to look at it and try to figure out how to clone the MAC Address