Help explain bulking/cutting to me

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by CaseLogic, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaseLogic

CaseLogic Longhorns - Mavs - Cowboys - Tool - 24 - Lost - Th

I noticed that most people here tend to do the whole bulking then cutting thing. My question is, how is this better for building muscle mass then simply upping your caloric intake slightly, and slowly building muscle mass that way, so muscle mass = higher but fat doesn't increase. Does bulking/cutting provide better results?

I probably just don't understand bulking/cutting :o

2. Fabian

Fabian Active Member

Thats what Ive been doing. And because Ive stayed lean, Ive also stayed tiny.

3. Riot

Riot OT Supporter

bulking/cutting is faster and many people accept the extra fat since it's only temporary anyway

4. hello pedro

hello pedro Guest

i'm doing the upping my caloric intake thing and it's working out really good for me. of course, i have the patience to go through with it.

5. Placebo

Placebo New Member

It's faster and easier.

6. SteveO

SteveO Guest

building muscle is harder than burning fat

7. Werdna

Werdna Livin' the SLO Life...

it's pretty hard to make consistent, significant gains without eating a lot and gaining a significant amount of fat...my greatest period of size and strength gains also was my greatest period of fat gain...you just gotta be willing to sacrifice.

8. liquidPoop

liquidPoop .........................

:werd:

its much harder to nitpick your calories from day to day and get it to where you dont gain any fat. just accept it and you'll be happier in the long run

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

If you're skinny I think you should eat big. Your metabolism should prevent you from gaining too much fat. If you used to be fat it's going to be too easy to put fat back on so I'd try to keep the cals at a minimum. I gained 24.5lbs during my 14wk bulk without putting much fat on and rarely ate above 3k cals. Some of it was water so I'd say I gained just a little over 1lb/wk of muscle which is right about how fast you want to gain

10. CaseLogic

CaseLogic Longhorns - Mavs - Cowboys - Tool - 24 - Lost - Th

My metabolism is really fast (I'm skinny as fuck) so yeah I'm eating big. I don't really know if it's bulking or not but I'm eating pretty much whatever I can. My goal isn't to put on fat to burn later, though, more than it is to just build muscle bass to begin with. Since I'm not eating clean, though, I guess some of it is gonna end up being fat anyways, but I need to fill in :o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.