TAT Help. Creative input needed :)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by DamonS, Aug 22, 2006.

1. DamonS

DamonS Flyin' High Again

Looking for some creative input here.

I have one tattoo on my arm, that is a duplicate of what my father got many years before I was born. I got it to symbolize a newfound relationship that we simply never had while I was growing up. (this was about 15 years ago)

Now its time for me to pay it forward and get something to symbolize my relationship with my children.

Realizing that many of the fads have come and gone (tribal, celtic, which both were my 1 and 2 contenders for what to get), I want something that incorporates both of my children's names in the art.

I was looking to get some celtic design, with their names embedded in the design, and endless loop, if you will, around my arm that extends in and out if each childs name. After spending a lot of time lurking here and listening to the tales, I somehow think this is not the best idea.

I need, because I truly lack creativity, some ideas that might nicely put both of my children's names into a tattoo, that is both nice to look at, and understated.

I work in a professional environment that not always accepts tattoo's, I am limited in size and location. Was looking to go around my arm in a band, but I am open to suggestion.

All in all, just looking for some ideas. You guys seem to have seen a lot and might have some ideas of what might look good and what might not be "trendy".

2. inamorato

inamorato New Member

graffiti might look good

3. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

+1

ever watch miami ink on TLC? a lot of people come in there wanting tattoos of children, relatives, etc. and a lot of times people don't really know *how* they want the tattoo as much as they know the *idea* they want. and then the artist draws something up and the person is ecstatic.
    so yeah, talk to an artist, see what they come up with. sometimes they come up with stuff you never would have thought of.;)
    good luck!

4. DamonS

DamonS Flyin' High Again

Hmm. That is a great idea actually. Never much thought of it that way.

Now to find an artist I trust, havent seen anyone in my particular area that I have liked enough to open a line of conversation :)

Thanks for the tips, now the fun begins