HELP - Crashes in TF2 and WoW -> Vista64

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by chewmanji, Jan 26, 2008.

1. chewmanji

chewmanji New Member

Jul 20, 2006
    I posted this in another forum. Hope maybe you guys can help here.

Hard Lock Crashes in TF2 and WoW - Vista 64
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I've just completed building a new computer and I'm seeing some issues with TF2 and WoW.

First, WoW. Fresh install, updated hardware drivers, etc. I am able to create and play a new character. However, when I try to play my main and other characters made prior to this build, I get as far as the loading screen, and then the system hard locks when the progress bar is at 100%. I never actually get into gameplay. I thought it might be hardware related but if I am able to create a new character and play it with zero issues then it doesn't make sense to me.

Secondly, TF2. I can load the game, but once I try to bring up the server list, as servers are being propagated, the system will had lock. Both of these issues happen 100% of the time.

Here are my system specs:
    Intel C2D E6750 (stock cooling)
    Gigabyte P35-DS3R (rev. 2.1)
    2x2048 Corsair XMS6400C5 G DDR2-800
    BFG 8800GTS OC 512MB G92
    Corsair HX520
    Vista Home Premium 64-bit
    Edimax PCI 802.11g adapter

I have searched the web for both of these issues and have yet to find any that are exactly the same. Any thoughts on how to remedy these issues? Is it Vista 64? I honestly have no clue where to go from here.