Help! Computers gone to shite

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mondaynightmike, Jan 24, 2005.

1. mondaynightmike

mondaynightmike New Member

first off i'm on my laptop and the enter key does not work so sorry for all the text being in one paragraph. Basically i scanned my computer for viruses it found one and said it can only delete after restart. so i restart it but it's messed my computer up. It takes about 5 minutes to log in to windows then it won't let you load any programs. I've tried safe mode and that just won't load. I honestly don't know what to do and just wondered if anyone had any ideas.?

2. mondaynightmike

mondaynightmike New Member

it also says (i get a box pop up) saying windows system shut down and like 37 days till shit down :noes: :wtf: is up with this shit. Normally i've been able to run system restore and been done but it just won't let me do anything

3. torquehead

torquehead New Member

You might be able to load an anti-virus boot disk into your drive (like Norton system works/antivirus) and use that to scan/eliminate the virus before your OS loads. If you don't have anything on your drive that's terribly vital and not backed-up, you could just throw the windows cd in the drive and tell it to do a full-blown reformat and reinstallation.

If you do that, make sure you select the option that DOES NOT say (quick) next to it...go for one of the bottom options, because those will write zeros to your drive first and destroy any viruses hanging out on the disk.