**HELP** Computer just died, could it be CPU if following happens

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jeremyjoe, Dec 21, 2003.

1. jeremyjoe

jeremyjoe New Member

Well was just in my bed when my comp just died out of the blue, everything else works, monitor, speakers and whatever hooked up to power supply......when i open it and plug the power back in the comp the fan over the CPU goes like 1/16th a turn and then nothing happens.......did i fry my processor? My mobo seems fine cause the light comes on saying it has power, also i keep my case kind of enclosed and havent turned it off in a couple days.....i know not smart.....could my prob be a processor burned out?

2. Blindsight

Blindsight Guest

Do you have the little bitty speaker that can only make beeping noises connected to your motherboard? Make sure that is connected before you do anything. You need to take out the cpu, ram, vid cards, sound cards, etc - all devices - and turn the computer on and tell us what happens. It should make a beeping noise. Ideally you should swap every part in your computer with a known working part to figure out what broke. If you don't have the ability to do that, then you could put each part back in one by one and try to guesstimate what broke :hs: It wont be much fun, but it's either that or pay someone to figure out what broke.

3. Darkwind

Darkwind Guest

or maybe its time to buy a new computer

4. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

Does the Power Supply actually turn on? As in starts making it's huge big deal (ie fan turns on when the power kicks over), or is the light just on. Sounds like the PS just crapped out on you. Like Blindsight said, the computer would of started beeping at you if it was anything like ram,etc.