help completing system

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Insert, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Insert

Insert Active Member

Part of my system just came in few days ago:

FI Q12

Orion HCCA-D2400

Alpine IVA-D100

I was planning on upgrading the rest of my speakers after like 2 more paychecks, but I managed to come up with some extra money right now :x: so now im in the market for some new front/rear speakers to add to this setup.

I had a a few friends help me pickout the amps/sub/headunit but I wanted to ask you guys aswell on the rest of the stuff to keep a balanced opinion.

I really don't know how much it will run me to redo the rest, but I'm guessing ill want another amp to power the replacement speakers?
    The ideal plan would be to keep it under 500 or 600 for the front/rear speakers and an amp, but I want to keep it on the same quality level as my subs so all suggestions are welcome.

2. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

You dont need rear speakers. There are many comp sets out there. What do you like? Aluminum tweeters or silk tweeters? Aluminuns are harsher, more in your face, silks are smoother, not in your face sound.

Diamond Audio s600a/s
    JL Audio xr series
    cdt audio
    focals
    rainbows
    seas lotus performance
    morel
    alpine type x or s
    oz audio matrix elites
    mb quartz
    boston acoustics
    image dynamics chameleons/ horn setup

there's so many out there, the best way to do this is to go out and listen for yourself.