GUN Help Choosing Magazine Extension for my Benelli M2

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by L Jay, Aug 8, 2009.

1. L Jay

L Jay OT Supporter

I've been shooting quite a bit of skeet lately and have decided to purchase a magazine extension. Ideally I would like the extension to sit flush with the end of the barrel. My M2 has a 26" barrel which extension should I purchase.

Here is the link from the site I plan on purchasing the extension tube from.

http://www.cactustactical.com/osc/product_info.php?cPath=412&products_id=1169

Thanks in advance :)

2. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

The nordic extentions are pretty good. I actually prefer the daves metal works extensions. http://www.davesmetalworks.com/

I like the design of his end cap, it is the same as the follower and it free floats. The nordic end caps screws on.

About end caps... When you run an extension you have to worry about the spring kinking. If you kink the spring it will seriously hurt the reliability of feeding. The trick is to screw on the extension, then releave the spring tension.With the free float DMV cap you just kind of press it a few times and let it find it's happy place. The nordic you have to leave partially unscrewed then carefully and slowly tighten it up last. The way DMV does it much simplier and you never worry about spring kink. The DMV extension also has a relief for the barrel clamp which you definately want when running any kind of extension. Otherwise the tube acts like a huge tuning fork and really makes the gun shoot erratic especially with slugs. Oh and since the end cap and the follower on the DMV are one and the same you can use one in place of the other if one of them gets beat up or lost. Pretty slick.

So get the DMV extension, the DMV follower, and the DMV clamp. I believe the extension comes with the spring, but I would get an extra one while your at it

As far as what is flush with a 26" barrel it's going to be the long 10 shell tube. To give you an idea here is a 10 shell tube on my 21" benelli m1s90

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah your going to have a long son of a bith with a 26" barrel and a 10 shell tube. Also know for clay games they generally limit you to 2 shells in the gun and are not happy when you load up 10+1+1 and your buddy throws flurries of 12 birds while you gun them down. Ask me how I know.

3. L Jay

L Jay OT Supporter

:rofl: I know exactly what you are getting at.

I usually just shoot at the conservation center about 30 minutes from me with a electronic trap thrower and a few buddies.

4. L Jay

L Jay OT Supporter

So I would need the following correct?

[​IMG]
    Sgf001 - Details
    Shotgun Shell Follower
    Price $13.35

[​IMG]
    Ben010 - Details
    10 Round Extension Tube
    Price $74.98

[​IMG]