help choosing computer case and DVD burner

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mixwell, Apr 22, 2004.

1. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

okay well when it comes down to what computer case I want, I have it basically narrowed down to 2 different ones.

Antec Sonata: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-127&depa=0

Antec SLK3700-BQE: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-140&depa=0

They both are about the same size, they both have a 120mm fan which means it will be much quieter thana 80mm fan. Only difference I see is the Sonata has a 380 PS and SLK has 350 PS. I am planning to build a AMD64 3000 so I don't know if that would help any. Kingston DDR400 RAM with a ATI Radeon 9800 PRO. I'm sure a 350 PS should be able to handle it, but doesn't hurt to have a little more? Also the other only other thing I've notice was the front pannel on the computer cases. How the Sonata has this pannel which gives it a "clean" look as some people like or like to say. It has a little key hole too so you can lock that part up if you want. I kinda find that part somewhat annoying, cuz I don't want to have to open it up all the time just to change CDs. I'm not really going for a nice "show" computer as I'm not going to show it off. It's going to be for my own personal use and I just want a good quality case that will perform and maintain my computer well. They are about $15 in difference on different sites and... yeah. Only thing I don't like about the Sonata is that front pannel. Other than that it looks really good. Same with the SLK. It looks good and without that pannel, it's easy access to it. I'm not sure though but I got to look at the Sonata up close, and I notice it had these removable slots for the drives which seem nice. I dunno I like both of the cases, but just need a little help deciding. Like if anyone knows any other differences between these cases? I know they both have the rubber garmets to help keep the HD quiet and turned to be able to easily install HDs. Yeah any help would be appriciated.

Also for a DVD burner... I have no idea on what brand to go with. I have no idea what the differences are. I want it mainly to be able to burn DVD movies. A friend recommend the NEC 1300 or the Pioneer A05. Can anyone else recommend something?

Also a good DVD burning program. I hear you can't burn 1 to 1 using a DVD burner and you need a program that will help you compress it. What is the best out there right now? Same friend recommend DVD Shrink which I think he said can be downloaded. My uncle has DVDXCOPY but I hear they got sued and it probably isn't out on the shelves anymore. I just want close to original copy when burning DVDs.

Thanks in advance to any who reply =)