Help choosing a PDA - Treo 700w or PPC6700 or something else?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by uneek, Aug 24, 2006.

1. uneek

uneek OT Supporter

nevermind, after discovering Verizon's disabling of simultaneous wifi/phone on their 6700 I will not buy anything more from verizon. I've had it with them, the only reason I'm still with Verizon is b/c I get good reception.

How is sprint's reception these days? I'm in central VA/Richmond area.

I like the keyboard of the 6700 but I've heard it's not that great, although sprint doesnt have the windows mobile treo yet... I'd really like wifi plus the form factor of the treo, but if I get the treo and the wifi card then I couldn't get a memory card for extra storage could I? The 6700 would let me get a memory card for extra storage... can the treo accomodate 2 cards?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  2. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

I prefer the Treo form factor....why do you need wifi? Don't have EVDO in your area? And they make SD Wifi + memory cards. I personally find wifi to be overrated on PDAphones with cellular data speeds at least equivalent to EDGE.

3. uneek

uneek OT Supporter

well I don't want to pay for the internet plan if wireless is decent. my campus has wifi and my home has a wireless router. if I get the SD wifi card I couldnt get a memory card to use at the same time... but to show how little I know about phones, can I run programs off the memory card?

I thought wireless was pretty fast? what kind of speeds can I expect?

4. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

yea, you can run programs off of the memory card. Like i said, they do sell wifi+memory cards so you can have both. If you have prevalent wifi on campus/home, it makes sense to have it. i still prefer having 24/7 internet so I have it where I'd use it most - away from any hotspots.

5. uneek

uneek OT Supporter

oh I misunderstood, I didn't realize there were wifi/memory combo cards.

thanks a lot!

6. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

sure thing